What's the biggest misconception about your faith/path/religion?

And what faith/path/religion are you?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• That we are not Christian. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints...aka..Mormon.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 5:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• That I don't believe in any God because I choose not to follow any holy books or so-called prophets. Being a theist with no religious convictions is just weird, I guess.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 5:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I am a Christian, I believe God sacrificed his son, Jesus Christ, to cover my sins with His blood. What great love He has for His children is beyond our comprehension. If we would trust and follow what is written in the Holy Bible, we would surely be a blessed people. The choice is yours to make, there is Heaven and there is Hell.
    Susan397

Answer by Susan397 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Susan, Where was the misconception in all that? You just came in and stated your beliefs... What is it that people are misunderstanding about your beliefs? You never said...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I am Kemetic... mainly, that I worship the devil, hold animal sacrifices, or place curses on people. Or that I am a sad, lonely ugly person..
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 6:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Probably that I sacrifice animals and like to dance naked in the woods. lol.
    And I am a Pagan.
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I worship Satan. I sadcrifice animals. I dance around naked in the woods, probably after ingesting some "natural" hallucinogen. I'm a raw foods vegan, tree-hugging, dirt worshipper that hasn't cottoned to the concept of a hairbrush, soap or deodorant.

I wear lots of flowy garments (either tiedye or all black, depending who you ask), lots of crystals, never use "real" medicine or doctors, and I don't like shoes.

I hate the system, Christians, the government, modern medicine, and "the establishment" in all forms.

And yeah, I've heard all of those stereotypes at some point, in varying combinations.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• That we're all xenophobic, bigoted, homophobic, closed minded, ignorant, and pushy. We all hate gays (I happen to support them) and Muslims (Islam has a very special place in my heart), believe everyone else is going to hell (I don't believe in hell), are at odds with science (I believe science and faith are complimentary), know nothing about other faiths and only believe misconceptions (I'm constantly studying other religions, and not in order to discredit them, but out of a genuine interest and fascination), and are on a mission to convert everyone else because our way is the only "right" way (I believe there are many ways to understand and relate to God).

I'm a Christian, lol. A Christian Universalist. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• That I have no beliefs, or am somehow mislead about other religious paths- ie the assumption that if I knew what they did I would follow their religion.... Atheist
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I am evil or a devil worshipper.
    I lack morals and values.
    I have NO beliefs in anything of this world.
    I lack knowledge of any and all religious beliefs.
    I am simply "lost" and haven't found the "truth' yet.
    I have no spirituality or connection to my spiritual self.

I am an atheist.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2010