What kind of table foods can I give my 10 month old now?

He eats stage 3 foods and cheerios. he self feeds finger foods and I want to start feeding him table foods. what is best to feed him now? (he has 8 teeth now and is getting 2 more soon!)

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 5:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sry didnt mean to ask twice.
    Alysia_Moore

Comment by Alysia_Moore (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Anything that is soft and mushy. Salisbury steak and peas were big hits with my DD. mashed potato, sweet potato, noodles of any kind
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• when my DD was 10 months old she didnt eat baby food she ate everything i was eating mashed potatoes, green beans, peas, mac and chz, chicken and even steak but she had all of her teeth by 10 months old.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Mine loved sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, noodles anything mushy. I mushed up pretty much anything that wasn't spicy or hard to chew lol, my kids were not big fans of baby food and I really don't blame them.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• my son loved mashed potatos at that age. If he wants to feed himself and you make roast for dinner one night then you can cut up the potatos in smaller parts you can do the same with cooked carrots. Spaghetti is another good one that is easy enough for them to eat. But only feed them what you are comfortable with them having. Another thing my son would eat is green beans.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• he is a BIG fruit eater. I did a no no when I started feeding him, I gave him lots of fruit first lol
    Alysia_Moore

Comment by Alysia_Moore (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• anything soft is fine. If you can mash it between your fingers he can eat it. Soft fruits and veges, small pieces of meat, bread, noodles
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Whatever you're eating, as long as there's no added salt or sugars.

We never did baby food. I did make some myself, like mashed banana or avocado, salmon etc. but other than that they just ate whatever we did.
    You don't have to worry about it being soft, just in small pieces.
    Randi02

Answer by Randi02 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• He could basically be eating anything you are.  My youngest dd fed herself the first time at 7 1/2 months.  It was Thanksgiving and she had turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, smashed up broccoli and a roll (that she mostly just gummed).  She loved it.  I spoon fed the cranberry sauce to her, though (too messy for me to let her feed to herself).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2010