When you exercise and you start to feel hot,that means you are burning calories?

I started walking for exercise and I'm starting to get hot, what does that mean?I'm hoping it means I'm burning calories and fat?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 11:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• It is a sign you are working harder, but the best way to know is to check your heart rate.Here is a link for optimal heart rates: http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4736
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 11:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• When you sweat!!
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• NO & sweating does not mean it either.
    Only based off your intensity of the exercise and length,heart rate for yout age and also getting a calorie estimate from the machine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• You burn calories when you breathe and everything you do all day long burns calories. When you get hot, that means your heart rate is elevated (unless the temperature of the room is actually hot, then that's why, but that's pretty obvious). If your heart rate is elevated, that means you are burning more calories and faster. It's not really about burning "fat", but calories. Your fat cells are basically stored calories.... you eat and your body stores what you don't burn. One pound of fat weighs approx 3500 calories.
    amandae21

Answer by amandae21 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2008