Does your little one really dislike homework?

How do you get them interested?

BellaKristy

Asked by BellaKristy at 5:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Not sure my DD is only 4 and only get homework once a week her pre school sends it home every friday. Mayb a reward chart for finishing it and then when they get so many stickers they get a suprise ( dessert or extra tv time )
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My son is a little old for this age group, but some things never change!! He hates homework! This year (5th grade) is the first year that I feel like he is making progress- he starts it on his own and does some of it on his own before starts "needing" help!
    Abbie326

Answer by Abbie326 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My 5 year old is into it now because this is his first year of getting homework and it is exciting to him. My 9 year old, not so much!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• my kindergartner loves it! he's so proud to tell me he has homework (one night a week, and it usually consists of one workpage, back/front.).
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My son is not a fan of homework, but he knows it is neccessary if he wants to have free time.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2010