So the cop who handcuffed a boy for having sex with his daughter, what are your thoughts?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39380043/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

nmmama09

Asked by nmmama09 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• IDK, maybe he's really protective and he panicked? I do hair for a living, if a boy had sex with my daughter maybe I'd shave his head! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think in THIS case the cop abused his authority. It's cops like him that make kids fear the police. That said, I believe 14 is under the age of consent in CA, so he could have been arrested. Had that been the case, cuffing would have been within his rights... But I don't think cuffing and taunting should be used to incite fear... Kids, and teens need to have a respect for the police, not a fear of them, and this guy just broke a huge trust and lost a lot of respect.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I can't say that I wouldn't have wanted to show up in uniform to scare the kid a little but I wouldn't have went that far. I would have talked to the parents first too to get their permission so they would know what was going on ahead of time and get their consent. You better believe that my daughter would be in some hot water too!
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 5:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• In my opinion, that was TOTALLY out of line. If the guy was THAT concerned, he should have showed up AS A FATHER and talked to the kid and his parents about it, not handcuff the kid and stand there towering over him with his hand on his gun telling the kid how stupid he was to be around a cop's daughter.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I personally think it was way out of line. Just because he is a cop doesnt mean he can just show up and show off his skills. My dads a truck driver. So lets say i was back at 15 would he have the right to show up with his 18 wheeler to scare the crap outta the boy i was having sex with. No!! Teenagers are goin to have sex. Which I know most of us moms o dads dont want to think about it, but it does and will happen.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It takes two to tango. Maybe he should handcuff his stepdaughter, too. Just kidding. I definitely think he should be reprimanded/written up by his supervisor for abusing his authority.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• went to far reacted as a dad and not a cop
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 12:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2010