Would you rather have a mom who smoked (who was a good mom) or a non-smoking mom (who was a b***h)?

Funny how some are so hasty to say that smoking mothers are horrible parents when it seems to me that a mean and nasty mom's would be what actually made a kids childhood bad. At the end of the day....it's our kids and only our kids whose oppinion matters on what kind of mother we are/were. While smoking is not healthy it is not what makes a mother a good or bad one. There is so much more to being a mother than the silly things Mom's constitute on CM as "bad mother" behavior.

P.s. I'm a non-smoker

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Smoking doesn't make someone good or bad. The loving mom would of course be my choice... But smoking has nothing to do with my choice in any way.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My mom smoked and she still hated me it had nothing to do with smoking she just hated me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• A good mom that smokes!! My dad smoked, but he was a wonderful father! Smoking has nothing to do with how good of a parent someone is.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• A good mom that smokes!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i know plenty of women who smoke that are totally bitches, and plenty that don't that are too. I don't see the difference. It's not healthy either way, and it's a true struggle for anyone who does smoke to quit, no matter who you are!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My mom did such a great job raising me and my 6 siblings. She was a wonderful mom. She has smoked since before any of us were born, and while the smoking really did get on my nerves and make me cough and hack, I couldn't have asked for a better mom. She instilled to many great values in us and never gave up on us no matter what. She loved being a mother, and I am proud to say that she was my mom.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 6:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would choose the good mom and if she smoked the so be it, that doesn't affect how good she is to her kids. I know people that smoke that are moms and they are wonderful one's and I've known some that don't smoke that are horrible.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 6:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• The loving one regardless of if she smoked or not. But for the sake of your question, the loving one who smokes.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Im a smoker and I was about to post something about this. I smoke but I dont smoke in my car with my son in it.

Anyways I was smoking outside today and my son was about 4 ft away from me in his stroller just talking away. It seemed like EVERYONE was staring at me like I was a bad mom!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 6:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I only asked because of an early question asked today. I agree that while not smoking is always best, it doesn't define a woman as to what kind of mother she is.
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010