Is suicide an unforgivable sin?

Is it true that suicide is the one unforgivable sin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• if you are asking because someone close to you did it I would say if this person had given their life to Jesus prior commiting suicide they will meet Jesus in Heaven. The bible says the only unforgiveable sin is blasphemy of the holy ghost (which basically means to turn away from reject adn deny Jesus) Those who commit suicide are very sick. Depression is very real mental illness that can be fatal if left untreated. God is merciful and God is kind. I dont think man can honestly say who goes to heaven or hell. Our thoughts are not God's thoughts and we never know the entire story when a person takes their life.

So if you are considering this please please please contact me! I would like to help you.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Yes in the bible it say's somewhere that only god can take a life. In other word's if you decide to take your own life you'll go staright you know where!!
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• 2precious does that mean abortionists, murderers and those enacting capital punishment or even army men at war are all going to hell?
    Anonymous

• I grew up taught that it was. But sometimes I have thought when a person is so depressed or being mentally/physically tortured or so sick that to take their own life God would forgive them.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• good point anon 11:04, from what I was told by the preacher, murderers and abortionists and even those doing the capital punishment can repent and go to heaven...

kinda hypocritical...
    Anonymous

• Sometime's I think that (all of us going to hell) but they say that he's forgive's under any circumstances. Incredible right? How do we do so wrong and he'll still forgive us. Well I hope so cause I wanna go straight to heaven no question's asked.
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My hubby said that suicide is unforgivable because once you kill yourself you can't ask for forgivness. You go straight to hell... You've murdered yourself.
    Anonymous

• Suicide is selfish, but the only unforgivable sin is the rejection of Christ and what he did for us on the Cross of Calvary!
    Teddy141

Answer by Teddy141 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I used to think so. But then I developed clinical depression. Not that I think suicide is ever a good choice, but I can understand more why some people see no way out. They need to get help, though, instead of give in to this way out.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 11:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• That's what I grew up hearing. Who knows exactly where it is in the Bible? I'd like to read the verse exactly. Now that I think of it logically, though, I agree with teddy141.
    Anonymous