Do you wear orthopedic custom made walking shoes?

I'm thinking of getting a pair,except they are highly expensive.Do you think they are worth the money and would you ever go back to regular shoes?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 11:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Health

• I have had two pairs of shoethotics (the brand i have) and I absolutely loved them!!! If I had the money, no, I would never go back to regular shoes, unfortunately, circumstances may warrant that at times. If you can afford it, I say invest in them.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 11:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I like shoes with alot of padding on the sole of my foot and the arch.Whenever I walk I always burn out these areas and it stops me from exercising.It must be all my weight is on the soles and the arch,I ment to say heel,but arch support is good too.So I'm looking for shoes that help me this way.At this store,they give a free foot scan to see what you need,it's tempting to try. They're called 'Foot Solutions' health and wellness store.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 11:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• the kind i had were done by chiropractors and it actually made an impression of your foot -- they the n sent it off to the company who made the shoes. i think the inserts you can have made are less expensive but i liked the shoes a LOT better. it made a huge difference when i walked or used elliptical machines, or even did some step classes...so I say if you can work it into the budget, it's a great investment for yourself.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:41 AM on Oct. 22, 2008