WTH is wrong with me!? Why is it so hard for me to control my snacking!?! adult content

Im on week 3 of my diet and its getting nearly impossible to control my snacking throughout the day. I eat filling and healthy meals, but cant resist the urge to snack between meals. Usually its a couple rice cakes, or a special K bar, something like that. Something sweet. Even when I KNOW Im full, I still give in. I lost 6 lbs the first two weeks, and Im 4 days into this week and the scale hasnt moved, Ive been working out, taking walks, etc. So its pretty obvious its my snacking. What can I do to help get over this!? I am reading a new book, but its still not helping too much. My kitchen is the center of my 1 floor home. You walk through the front door, theres my living room, go through, theres the kitchen, then after the kitchen is the dining room. So I know just being around snacks all day isnt a good idea. But my husband said just because Im dieting doesnt mean everyone else has to! What can I do to control my eating!??!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• This is my problem too. I think my brain and stomach have communication issues. I can be full but my brain keeps telling me to go eat something. I find myself standing in front of the fridge a hundred times a day. My entire life has been dieting and weight issues. I am trying to eat healthy and exercise daily but it seems to make me hungrier. I have tried diet pills which work for a little while then stop. Right now I just keep a big jug of crystal light in my fridge. That way I can take a few swigs when I open the fridge to hopefully dissipate that snacking craving. There's not much to do except keep healthy snacks available at all times and try to have some self-control. I'm working on the self-control thing...
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Keep healthier snacks in the house. Fresh fruit, veggies, etc. When the munchies strike, grab an apple, cut it in half, and just eat the half. It's up to you to tell yourself it's not worth it to eat the rest. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 6:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My husband says the same thing... but here's the deal. I do the grocery shopping, so I pick what snacks to bring into the house. I choose to bring vegetables home for snack time. He can't argue with me because there ARE snacks in the home and it's good for EVERYONE to eat healthy foods and increase their vegetable intake. It's not a lifestyle change just for me, it's for all of us, and if he gets healthier by proxy, awesome.

I do bring home his favorite snacks once in a while, but only rarely... the rest of the time it doesn't matter if I snack because I'm munching on carrots or snap peas or celery.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Chew gum, chew ice chips, sip cold water.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• try to find something to occupy yourself with that won't allow you to snack. I notice while doing things like reading or tv watching I'm more tempted to snack.

So if you want to read, try doing it while taking a relaxing bath, or on a tread mill to keep your hands somewhat busy. Opt for a game of WII instead of a tv show, or fruit snacks that are sweet, yet not really fattening.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:48 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• For a snack I will eat a bowl of the Special K cereal or a banana. That helps me a lot.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• ooh girl I feel you. Its called a lack of self control. I dont have it myself. When I want sweet, I go for fruit. When I want salty or crunchy, I grab a trail mix or celery or carrots. its hard, I know. but if you can stick with it just a while longer, your body will adjust and it wont be as hard. good luck!
    jazzyjae

Answer by jazzyjae at 11:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2010