induction day Thursday, what to expect?

for example, how long will they let me stay in labor before going for the c-section or is it baby dependent like anything else? anyone have this experience? how did it go?

mrsmostafa

Asked by mrsmostafa at 6:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am being induced thursday morning too. Good luck

With my second I was induced and it was so easy. Are you dialated at all? I think they will let you stay in labor as long as your water has not been broken for over 24 hours and baby is not showing signs of distress. You can send me a private message if you have any questions.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 6:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I was induced with my son. I think it all just depends on the situation. I know they won't let you go more than so many hours after they break your water. I was induced at 7 in the morning and didn't have my son until 3:26 the next morning so it all depends on you and the baby.

Good Luck and wishing you a happy and healthy delivery!!! :-)

~Alyssa M.
    Helping Moms Work From Home Since 1999!
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 6:26 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I did, went in about 9 am and had the baby at 6:31 pm. Everyone is different but inductions are usually faster. They will let you labor for a good long while unless the baby shows stress or signs tthat it just isn't going to happen
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I was induced with all 3 of my kids. The first one I gave birth to vaginally 22 hours after induction. Everything went fast and quick with her and she was the easiest of my deliveries. The second one, I went in to be induced because I was overdue, and ended up having a c-section after 12 hours of no progress (she was my 10 lb baby!). The third one was just a planned c-section since my previous scar was only a year old. I think it all just depends on the circumstances hun. Good luck with everything :-)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I was induced at 7 am. and had a c-section the next day at 8:36 am, because I had only dialated 5cm. and the baby was not getting enough oxygen...
    SusieQue717

Answer by SusieQue717 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I was induced at 6:30 pm and had my daughter at 11:30pm that same night. Not sure how long they would have let me go - it went very quickly.

Answer by missanc at 7:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010