sigh.. my mother in law..

feels like a hopeless case. tonight, for example, i invited her to go out to eat with us, MY treat, for a school function for my daughter. asked her two hours ago and NO REPLY. a no would have sufficed over just not bothering to answer me. and a couple of weeks ago.. she came over so my husband and i could go fishing, it was 4:15 when she arrived, i told her the baby would by hungry at 5 and she says "won't you be back by then?" really i can only spend 45 minutes fishing? 10-15 of which would be getting the bait and finding a location. she favors my neice (her daughter's daughter) a lot more than our children. and the worst.. MY HUBBY DOESN'T SEE IT! he says "well my sister is a shitty mom". so my kids get less grandma love because their cousin's mom sucks? makes so much sense. ugh im just over it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Dang and I thought my mil was bad! Just keep loving your babies, she will be the one missing out one day when she wants to be there and they really don't care that she is. I am sure they will be polite and hug her but she will recognize the connection that will be missing! P.S.: It's hard for husband's to see the flaws in their Mommy's ways! I don't get it but it's true - kinda like they were never weened off the tit ya know!
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 6:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• THey are tough to love sometimes! But they are your children's grandparent and as hard as it seems sometimes you have to find a happy place with them.
    CharleesMom7

Answer by CharleesMom7 at 6:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Wow thats your MIL how that sucks My mom behaves that way as well.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010