Would you elect to have a c-section if you broke your tailbone delivering your first?

MrsTexas

Asked by MrsTexas at 6:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I think that is a good reason to have a section. If the risk of you breaking it again is high. ( we had this question not to long ago)
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 6:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• No, I would do a hands and knees position. I couldn't bring myself to increase mine and my baby's risks when a fractured tailbone is usually a result of semi-sitting to push the baby out.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• yes...and i think its sad that some women would stand on their heads before having a csection..get over yourself.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It's bad to try anything else before having major surgery, Shay? Really?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i'm not even talking about you. I'm talking about "some" women in general. They are so against csections...um..now you can go and get over yourself..
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• it is probably a problem with the position you were pushing in....I'd do almost anything to avoid a c-section, but if it needs to happen, oh well. That is the beauty of medicine, surgery is close to the last option for me most of the time, but it is amazing that things that were once lost hopes now have an alternative.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think it is a personal choice, if you really want to try a natural birth there are other birthing positions that you could try rather than having a c-section, or if you feel more comfortable going the c-section route do it that way. You should discuss your options with your dr, they may be able to help you make the decision that is right for you.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I'd def. get a c-section, I can't even imagine how much that must have hurt, and just been horrible to deal with while taking care of a newborn!! Believe me the c-section will hurt way less!! But completely up to you...
    SusieQue717

Answer by SusieQue717 at 7:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i am very pro all natural births, i had 4 homebirths and 1 natural hospital birth, honestly i would talk to your dr, and find out what went wrong, and would you be at risk for this happening again, and ....could you mentally get over the fear of another break while you are in labor?
    what do you want?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• if you feel more comfortable with the c-section go for it.. the RISKS (as someone stated) are not quite as dramatic as they thought. its actually very safe and as i have heard a LOT safer for baby,. plus if you are already nervous about breaking your tailbone again you may not realize it but you may be reluctant to push bc your scared
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2010