How many of you had a C-Sec without any mishaps.

I ad two. My kids weren't cut, they breast fed fine, had no breathing problems, no brain damage. I didn't hemerage, or get an infection and nobody died...I consider that a success. I mean some of the stuff they claim is a 'increased risk' is just stupid. Baby could get cut? Does your doctor suck, what did that happen once? Babies don't breast feed? Were they delivered early? How does it compare to vaginal births at the same gestational age? Is it just me or do these risk seem 'tainted'

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had 2 csections without mishap. My oldest son had his shoulder broken during a vaginal delivery.

Answer by missanc at 7:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• mine went fine..it was an emergency csec. i have never heard of a c section gone bad..i have heard and have known plenty of people who have had bad vaginal births
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I had two with no mishaps.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I had an emergency c-sec with my daughter and with my son I decided a week and 1/2 before my due date to have a c-section since my mil live out of state and had to get back to care for her ill mother. I didnt want her to miss the birth and I had promised she could be there for the delivery. Both my babies had no problems and over 8 lbs.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 6:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I had an emergency c-section, no problems either. Then again, I haven't really heard all that many stories on the "mishaps" you mentioned, so yeah... Doctors need to cover all the possible outcomes, just to cover their own asses. I mean, have you SEEN the song and dance they have to give in commercials for medication now? Makes taking the drug sound scarier than not taking it!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have had 2 as well and both my babies were fine and are still fine to this day. They just have to inform you of the risks, as stupid as some may be.
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I know they have to warn you but people read into that as C-Sections are this super risky procedure. My c-secs were fine but I have a friend who's daughter shoulder was broken in a vaginal delivery and another who's daughter had brain damage because it got suck in the birth canal, turned purple and they couldn't get him out fast enough. another friend who tor up and ripped her urethra rather than tearing down toward the anus. A birth is a birth...It has risk.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• *her out fast enough.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• u should watch "The Business of Being Born"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You should consider the fact that their are risk either way.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2010