What would you have done? (about Asbergers)

I have Asberger's so I normally try to avoid people that I don't know very well. Earlier I took my son to the park and as we were walking in I guess I looked into someone's parked car funny or wrong or something. Thye owner of the car happened to see me do it evn though I was completely unaware that I had done anything out of the ordinary. As I took my son to the swings I heard them talking about it and they called me a "effing peeper" and a "pervert." Finally I figured out that they were talking about me but I just ignored them. It got so bad though I was almost in tears and I didn't want my son to hear them talking about his Momma like that so I just left.

luvsmysonjames

Asked by luvsmysonjames at 6:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I know the feeling. I used to get mean looks and comments because I would stare. They would think I was staring at them. I have had to learn to keep my head down when I am sitting still or focus on something right in front of me. I know it hurts to get called names like that when you didn't really do anything. I bet your son didn't notice though. I would have done what you did and ignored it and just been upset. This is why I like it here. No one knows how socially inept I really am.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Asperger's
    I wouldn't have done anything. Let them be assholes. No need to make it worse.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Try to stay strong!! I'm sure it hurts, but you have to try to not let stuff like that bother you. I'm sure your son had no idea what they were talkng about. Some people can be very inconsiderate, you'll just have to teach your son better than that. =)
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• That is just terrible. Just ignor those ignorant people. Obviously they had no class or tact. I would have left ASAP too. Can you find another place to bring him to play if those are the type of people who usually attend there? If you can't then maybe you can make a playdate with another Mom so it would be safer for you & your Son. Best wishes & they are the ones with the problem not you! Have a great night.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think you did fine.
    I have two rental properties that are on the same block two houses apart. In front there are just a line of parking places. I walked from one house to the other behind the cars next to the street. One of the neighbors came out and started yelling at me saying that I was peaking in the back of their SUV. Crazy. I first tried to explain that I was just walking down the street. They were out of control, so I just walked away and went about my business.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Honestly, why in the world were they paying that much attention to what you were doing? Personally, I really don't care who looks in my car. All they are gonna see is the mess in there. I would think they were paranoid. Only time I really care what someone is doing around my car is if they are getting in it.
    I think you did the right thing. You can't control how stupid and paranoid people are. Just let it go. Thier paranoia is not your fault.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I don't know what Aspergers has to do with this situation. I would be upset too. And I don't associate with people I don't know either. WHo does? LOL.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2010