I'm losing focus here and would like some advice.

Every guy i chat with or meet i start to nit pick at what some would say is the small stuff. I forgot what's really important. I'm so stuck on what I don't want that the little things are getting to me too. How do I let the small stuff go so it doesn't bother me?

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• Don't let it go. It means you aren't satisfied. You may need to do some work on you before you can get into a meaningful relationship. You have no obligation to accept the "small stuff" from the guys you date. If you meet the right one, the love and respect you have for him will far outweigh the little things. Resist the temptation to settle and don't blame yourself for the weaknesses you see in these guys. It's ok to raise the bar and find one that meets your standards.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 6:12 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• If that's your personality, so be it. What's so bad about finding the perfect person for you?
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Can you give an example of "small stuff". Sometimes the small stuff is actually a big red flag.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 11:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• What" small stuff" are you talking about
    MCD3

Answer by MCD3 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• were female...we will always notice the small stuff....the trick is to pick out what actually matters to you n if it doesnt keep it in your mind until you get with the trustworthy girls..
    Killemo

Answer by Killemo at 2:14 AM on Oct. 22, 2008