so..

im 38 weeks tomorrow and i have to go to the doctors, my last visit i was pretty much almost completely thinned out and i was at 2 1/2 cm's and her head is down where it needs to be. my question is at what point will your doctor tell you to go to the hospital? how far along do you have to be dilated before theyll suggest it or tell you to? ive been feeling the contractions, but they come and go and some are stronger then others. im scared to death about giving birth so it makes my stomach drop to even think about.. so the second part to my question is any ideas on how to get me to calm down about it? ive tried everything and i am scared to death haha.

aliciamarie1012

Asked by aliciamarie1012 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They usually dont want you to go to the hospital until you are in active labor unless there is something going on. I was dialated 4 for almost a month before I went into labor for my son. just take a deep breath and think about your new bundle of joy....try to keep yourself busy until that time comes and make sure you take things to do with you in the hospital so you arent laying around thinking about crazy things while you are laboring... a book, a puzzle, a nintendo ds, your laptop. make hubby give you massage. good luck!
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• active labor, or if your past your due date, or complications. just relax labor is very exciting (if you plan on gettin meds..lol i didnt feel a thing) your doctor will know what to do when the time is right and there is no reason for you to stress or be scared.. ANXIOUS yes :) excited :)
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010