The In-Laws

I love my husband very much, but not his family so much sometimes! My MIL preaches to my hubby and gets him in a bad mood, my BIL and his wife thinks they are better than us b/c their bank account is bigger, and actively show it, won't even come over for dinner, they always have something planned with someone else! UGH am I the only one please say no! I always have love for them but sometimes, man I wish I could just give them a piece of my mind without causing more stress for my hubby! Share your In Law stories good or bad!

BellaKristy

Asked by BellaKristy at 7:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Mostly I go toe to toe with my MIL, sometimes she just doesn't use her common sense.

But My hubby is the one with the crazy inlaws. My mother is insane.. & he's an only child. I have all the drama filled brothers & sisters.

The only one I have any issues with is his grandmother.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:14 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• my BIL is a lazy alcoholic. he is negative all the time. he tries to give DH advice about things like work or relationships when he has neither. he is 6 years older than DH and of course DH is very close to him and tries to help him out. I wanted to slap BIL last week when he came over and was complaining because I didn't want to give him $10... he had the nerve to say we are rich (we are living on unemployment and eBay and expecting a baby in just over a month... our car needs repair, etc.). he has been over weekly since he got a car (that i'm guessing mommy is paying for - he lives with her rent free and has for years - she is totally codependent, so that's a whole other in law problem) just to mooch off of us, and he always ends up staying too long. i hate when he comes over. he just sits here and wants to drink, get DH to drink (which was a previous problem), and talk about hot girls. it's sooooo annoying.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My MIL is controlling, vindictive and crazy. She thinks she should have free reign of our home and is pretty upset that she doesn't have a key and that we lock the door when we are away. She only lives 30 minutes away but when she visits it's for days on end. She just shows up, never calls ahead and gets terribly offended when we ask when she's planning on going home after she's been at our house for days. I homeschool our daughters and work from home and it's very hard to work around the distractions she causes. She is constantly coming asking for money, but is always giving hers away to my SIL who's husband refuses to get a real job (he's been running a failing business for 5 years). She thinks we are made of money and should be paying her bills. I have never met another person who drives me as crazy as she does. Oh, and to top it off, now she wants to move back to where we live - and she want us to buy her a house!

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I LOVE my inlaws. Ya they have their problems, but they are adults and can take care of themselves.. Now my BIL's and SIL they are still all under the age of 20 so they have their far of issues too, but since my hubby is the oldest of his siblings,, they dont really have a close relationship.. MIL is awsome.. We have never had fighting issues before, and she knews when to back off too.. MIL was their with my mom in the delievery room, when my DH wasnt able to see our son be born.. He was still at the AFB in NC.. She gives good support when needed.. I dont think we disagree on anything.. now my FIL well not really that close with him, since hes always buzy.. but my son LOVES his PAPA.. They always go out and do stuff together.. which I LOVE!! My inlaws are a big part of my family.. My MIL has even help us out a lot.. I wouldnt change my inlaws for nothing..
    AirforceWife654

Answer by AirforceWife654 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My husband's family should start a soap opera!! They would get VERY high ratings! LOL For the most part we are the forgotten part of the family. To me it seems like we really don't even exist to them. Something happens and we are the last to know. My MIL actually went to my SIL's house picked up her kids and took them to the park with ice cream. She has NEVER done that with DD. For over a year she's been saying she's going to pick up DD one Sat. and just spend the day doing fun things....still waiting for that fun day! The only time one of my BILs and FIL talks to my hubby is when they are playing, or talking about playing a computer game together. THEN FIL sits there and does this pitty party thing, like feel sorry for me, no one comes to visit me, I'm broke, yadda, yadda, yadda...
    That's just a couple of my inlaws... not to mention the one with all the kids...
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• OH and my FAVORITE!! My SIL married this idiot who thinks he is something special. His parents have money, therefore he thinks HE IS RICH. I don't think either of them have a job, but he still acts like he is better than us... His mom actually called my husband's family "hosiers"... like WTF lady?!
    Like spending a TON of money that they did NOT even have on their wedding makes them somehow better because our wedding was small and simple (and oh yeah, we didn't go into debt for!!) !!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2010