Cafe Mom and religion!

I once had a post that said that Cafe Mom wasn't very pro Christian. Now I don't agree with this I have found a healthy variety of religions. What do you think am I just missing it?

BellaKristy

Asked by BellaKristy at 7:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Religion is a natural concern for many parents. The doctrines help us decide what is appropriate to teach our kids. None of us got a handbook... The internet allows many differing views to be displayed that was not available in prior generations. That is a good and bad thing. We need to be responsible in discovering what morals and guidelines apply to us as individuals, and explore above and beyond "what I was raised with". This is a good thing. However, we as a society may not have fully matured with the technology. Many of us hold fast to our belief set as "the only way."

Me, I have been pagan and christian. I have seen both sides pull the same ego-centric bs. People have a need to be affirmed in their beliefs, usually by persuading others that they are correct. We tend to take it as a direct assault to discuss a different opinion. Here I have seen several ideas, and values, and then, some bashing of it.
    WyndenSkie

Answer by WyndenSkie at 7:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Why should a parenting forum be pro christian??
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 7:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I feel there's a good variety. Some days some people just speak louder than others. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think it's very mixed between Christian and Pagan... you see a few other religions posted but not many.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• There are people who consider anyone who disagrees with them about anything to be "anti-Christian". Since CM won't automatically delete any comment, question or answer posted by non-Christians, that is enough for some to consider the site to be against Christians. It's not a lot of people, but unfortunately, it's a few very loud ones.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Well since CM is mostly Canadian and American and those countries are a large majority Christian...I'd say CM is pretty Christian friendly.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It's very mixed, period.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 7:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Mommy2Gabrielle: I didn't get it either, it just took me by surprise and had to see if I was just being naive in thinking it was a pretty decent neutral ground and that the religion aspect wasn't a concern!
    BellaKristy

Comment by BellaKristy (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• There's a lot of stuff on this website. You're probably just discovering more things as you go along.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• There are both ends of the spectrum which I think is good.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:32 PM on Sep. 29, 2010