Helpful advice from a christian? PLZ no one be rude!

I have always suffered from anxiety and some how it always comes down to God. I have been a christian since i was young, and i luv God very much. Yet, For example any time i feel things are going good i'm constantly waiting for the bad to happen. for example, i have a 16 month old daughter and me and my DH want another and i fear i wont be able to, even though i have no inclination that i won't (i'm healthy, young and had no prob the first time). because having kids are important to me i think God will take that away. Then i feel guilty i feel this way. I pray often and read the bible but some how i kind find peace. This isn't the only thing i have that feeling with its just an example. I dont kno why i feel this way, almost like God doesn't want me to be happy ever, and wants to take away everything good, and like i don't deserve anything... I know this may wierd but im really struggling with it. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• That is called doubt...u should pray and ask for God to take this away b/c doubting him will just make u more anxious and fearful
    ShortMommytobe

Answer by ShortMommytobe at 11:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• What do you mean by doubting? can you be more specific? thanks so much for your reply
    Anonymous

• I think that as soon as babies are born is when mommy's realize how dangerous, cruel and tough this world really is. Even when thng's are at there worst I know he's there w/ me but sometime's I would want him to answer back. I would'nt dought him..
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• The fact that you say you've always had it tells me it could be an imbalance in brain chemistry or genetics. Have you talked with a doctor about it as well, possibly sought counseling. These things in addition to your faith may help. I find understanding the conditions from which you suffer also helps one to overcome them!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• God does not want us to be in fear. He is a loving Father who wants to give His children good things. Read the below verses and when you are feeling anxious and like something bad is going to happen - just remember these verses.

Matthew 7:11 So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.

James 1:17 Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Maybe the difficulty you are having is that you don't trust god to take care of you. In the end it is your job to make sure that you and yours are cared for... what if there IS no god and you were waiting to be saved/helped by ... no one? Just a thought about what is preying upon your mind....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I have a question to ask you. Do any others in your family such as parents or sibling suffer from this anxiety thing? If so thats why and it can be dealt with spiritually. Generational curses can follow through the family line until you are given the revelation on how to break it. Anxiety is fear personafied. It isnt from God! That is good news even better news is you can get free of it!
    Neil T. Anderson writes a book called Bondage Breakers. Anxiety/fear keeps you in bondage and you need to be free of it. This book takes you through it! I hope this helps! Prayer works well, so does meditating on the Word or listening to worship music!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• First off, please do not doubt that God is there for you. He loves you and wants a relationship with you. Second, don't forget you are human. God expects doubts and fears from you. That is part of being human. Part of the anxiety will go away as you grow and mature in your relationship. Part will not go away. You will have to control that. You can do that. Fear doesn't come from God, and he has great plans for you. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• nunhey I can tell u that u need faith in God . He would not do any of those things to u that is satan putting stuff in your head. The bible says where ever good is evil is behind it so don't think God wants bad for u he wants good. Instead of blaming God u need to blame satan. Please pray that God will give u faith and don't think God wants bad for u he always wants good for u. IF u need to talk just send me a message. GOD BLESS

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I think a few of the moms on here mentioning anxiety disorder may be on to something. God is healer but sometimes we need to put legs to our prayers. I kept begging God to fix my postpartum depression but it never got better until I sought help. Getting the help I needed allowed my faith to grow. God called people to be doctors and he made the people who made the medicine. Have faith in knowing God DOES love you and he really DOES want you to be happy. Try reading psalm 139 It is beautiful. Also remember Jeremiah 29:11 if you dont know it look it up. God bless and please feel free to message me if I can help
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2008