PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my son is 8 months and 15 pounds. he eats a lot but his rib cage shows like hes starving but hes not. what should i do. i am so worried that people will thik im not feeding him at all...

dement

Asked by dement at 7:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Kids' Health

• If he is growing and meeting mile stones and the Ped isn't worried you don't need to be either. :0) Both my children are thin and small. My DD is almost 3 and only 25 pounds. I know 9 month olds bigger than her! She was Failure to Thrive as a baby and the doctor had me giving her concentrated formula when I wasn't breast feeding. This was by doctors orders though I don't recommend you do that with out asking first. If you are concerned than him in for a visit and a weight check.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Seriously?? Why does it matter what other people think?? As long as he is eating and you know he is then don't worry! You are doing what is right.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 7:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• If you are seriously that concerned, take him to the doctor and see what the doctor says.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 7:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My DS is 21 months and about 20 lbs... some kids are just small
    terpmama

Answer by terpmama at 7:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• thank you for your answers his appointment is the 29th. i am just afraid that people might call cps on me and take him away.
    dement

Comment by dement (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• 2 of my children look that way. When they yawn and stretch you can see thier ribs.. I mean count em!!
    I took em to the doc and he chuckled. They are healthy normal little boys. Some kids are just bony like that.

No worries mama. Sounds like your doing everything your supposed to.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 7:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i think we are so use to not seeing bones on adult/children we worry but it is normal, i can see my sons and his spine he is three and a half and 30 lbs, he eats hes healthy and where he should be he has always been small
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 8:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• He sounds fine to me, bring up your concerns with your doctor at his appointment, but I'm sure he'll say the same.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My kids were both that way but I knew what they ate and how much they ate so i didn't care. I honestly told the dr she was stupid when she said they need to eat more. Even now I never see my daughter without food. My sister was the same way growing up so im not worried
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 11:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• ask his Dr. They won't take him away if you have documented proof he is doing fine (from the Dr)
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2010