Does everyone feel this bad..?

I've got a little over a month left (due Nov 3) and I'm feeling HORRIBLE. This is my first pregnancy. I lay in bed most of the day, except to cook and shower, because my back and ribs hurt so bad to be upright for longer than 20 min (sometimes not even that). The first 5 months of my pregnancy I had really really bad all-day nausea, then it went away for a while and now it comes back in waves. My belly feels so full all the time (imagine that, lol) and to top it off my legs have started getting really sore. The heartburn is bad but a thousand tums a day takes care of that.

I can't ignore all the aches. Is it this bad for everyone? I was never a wimp before! Now I feel downright pathetic, lol.

Evansmommy91

Asked by Evansmommy91 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i feel this bad...the ribs are my most unbearable thing i dont remember it w my son, i dont have nausea so much any more it comes and goes nothing regular im due oct 24, i still try and stay active and i have a 3 yr old so im up most of the time, but im getting to the point where im also ready, i cant shave down there and its bugging me im about to get a wax lol
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yes, I feel horrible too. Had a horrible 1st trimester and the third has been just as bad if not worse than the 2nd trimester. I am at 35 weeks and the baby is already well over 7lbs. estimated of course and I have very high levels of amniotic fluid. Pretty much like having twins or triplets is the size of my tummy. I am on bed rest so I am not even allowed to cook or do anything for that matter except shower, go the bathroom, go to the doctor and hospital twice a week for monitoring. I can barley walk without feeling like I am going to tip over. I have to sit and sleep in a recliner downstairs because I can't lay in bed. My tummy is pushing up into my breasts from all the fluid and I can barely breath because of it. These last few weeks are going to be so hard because I have already been on bed rest for two months. So, I hear ya the end is the worst this is my third and I a never wanted it to end as bad as I do now.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 8:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have three boys. It was never so bad for me that I couldn't stand it but yes you do start feeling full, I do remember my ribs usually on one side or the other hurting, but my worst pain throughout my pregnancies was them pushing on my tailbone where I have a really bad injury that sometimes makes my right leg to go numb. I only through up once or twice with each of them, that wasn't really a problem for me but everyones different and every pregnancies different so everyones going to have a little bit different experience. Just be careful and think about after that beautiful little bundle of joy comes. Your due date will be here before you know it. Congrats Mama!
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 8:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• im sorry hun! i didnt have any nausea but ur rib pain i feel u there! my daughter was so high in my ribs she would knock the wind out of me all the time!! it hurt to walk it hurt to sit i was never comfy! at 38 weeks i told my hubby we are having sex i want her out of me right now!! it took about a week but finally my water broke and we had our beautiful little girl! its worth it in the end i promise! good luck!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• my 1st pregnancy i was happy the whole time until the last month i was sick of being preggo and i was tired all the time. this is my 2nd pregnancy and lets just say its not as the experience as the 1st time.. the first 4-5 months i was sick and sleepy ALL day long, then it got better but i was put on bedrest not long after the nausea went away (21 weeks).. i ache from laying around all the time and I am sick of being helpless. its not always miserable but when you are.. you are. but after baby is born it wont even be a thought (until someone asks about anymore, or you get preggo again, though your 2nd pregnancy might not be so draining) but anyway your life will be so full of happiness and joy about your new addition the LONG pregnancy wont even matter!
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:55 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Thank you for the replies! It always helps to know you're not alone. My husband's mom is like the goddess of fertility and has had 10 children and "wonderful pregnancies".... >:/ And my mom's pregnancy with me was a breeze, so naturally I thought mine would be, too. HAH....Congenial you have it bad right now! It'll be over soon though.
    Evansmommy91

Comment by Evansmommy91 (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• its easy to look back on your pregnancy and remember it being easy... if we didn't endure the final month of pregnancy we would never want to go into labor!! and if we didn't forget about how uncomfortable things got, many people would be only children. Hope your last month goes quickly for you- Nov. 3 is my son's birthday:)
    Maybe go around looking at halloween decorations to try to pass some time. Good luck!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:09 AM on Sep. 28, 2010