silly question

Okay my husband is enlisting into the Navy, He stays at home with our son when I am at school. When he is gone is there going to be any benifts that could pay for child care? I dont want to be stuck with out a sitter or day care and cant afford one with out a job
Thank You

SexxyMomma26

Asked by SexxyMomma26 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Money & Work

• he does get some extra money when deployed. not sure if it will be enough for you to pay for all of the child care with just it though...
    Anonymous

• yes ywca helps pay for child care but you have to be working or be in school to qualify
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 11:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• If you're on base you can get daycare for a reduced price, I know at Bangor it is about $300 a month. During bootcamp, I don't really know. I know there are assistance programs through the state, but that depends on income, and you may not be eligible with him being active duty, I think even E-1 would make more than the cutoff.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• The base that he will be stationed at will have a daycare....(well most of them do). Get with them and see what they have to offer. Also, some Navy wives keep kids at their homes...check that out also.
    threeAs

Answer by threeAs at 11:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2008