• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Do you have bipolar?

Was wondering if anyone in here has bipolar? I think I may have it, but I don't have any insurance or the money to go to the doctor. What can I do to find out for sure and get help if I need it? Thanks! If you don't want to answer here, send me a message! :)

Answer Question

Asked by mommaof3girls24 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Health

Level 9 (348 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Some communities have a mental health assitance program to help people in a situation like yours get the evaluations and referals and assistance paying for those things that they need. I wish you all the best. also try
    -salvation army
    -welfare department
    -call around the psych offices to see abotu sliding scale fees

    Answer by BlacksheepSati at 7:48 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy
    Down in my heart (Where?)
    Down in my heart (Where?)
    Down in my heart
    I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy
    Down in my heart (Where?)
    Down in my heart to stay " Sorry..couldn't help it. :)

    There are different types of bipolar and depression. If you think you have it check out this link (http://www.webmd.com/bipolar-disorder/guide/bipolar-disorder-symptoms-types) and look through the symptoms and stuff and then decide if you need help from a councilor . Maybe there are some free things for people around somewhere?

    Answer by SparklingHope at 7:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • I have BiPolar Disorder type 2. Since you don't think you can come up with the money for a doctor right now, I advice you get a copy of BiPolar Disorder for Dummies. It will walk you through the symptoms, the whys and how toos, and when you do get to a point where you can see a doctor you'll be much better informed and better equip to talk to him and get a proper diagnosis and possible treatment...

    Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • I agree with the first poster. many communities offer mental health centers that are either free or on a sliding scale. call around to human services or some other community resources and ask them.

    I was diagnosed bipolar when I was 19...about 6 yrs ago, only after I attempted suicide....so if you are feeling suicidal or out of control go to the hospital no matter what.. many places have programs to help those who don't have insurrance and money pay for services.

    good luck

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • Yes, I do have it. Some states have assistance; you have to check. If you don't get anywhere, let me know, I'll do some research for you, Cherrie

    Answer by mp3mom at 1:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.