Does your child have ODD or anything like it?

Was wondering since my kindergartener who is almost 6 (in January) has it and its becoming difficult at times to deal with her. She is seeing a counselor who we just started seeing a couple weeks ago. I'm hoping this helps her a ton.

mommaof3girls24

Asked by mommaof3girls24 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No help here, hope some other moms can give good advice!
    megarooniduh

Answer by megarooniduh at 8:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My daughter was diagnosed with ODD. I don't have any great advice for you, my methods of dealing are pretty old fashioned. We did try therapy but it did not help. If this helps at all, she is now 27, married with 2 children and one on the way and she is fine, a good wife and a great mom.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I'm pretty sure my daughter has it. She is 12 now but we've always had an extra difficult time with her. Please feel free to be my friend and maybe we can have some good chats! Sometimes I feel like the only one in the world going through it!
    mochamomof3

Answer by mochamomof3 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My 10yo hasn't been diagnosed but fits the criteria and my friend that works with high school kids that have behavior problems believes she as it (he deals with these kinds of kids every day).

My dd drives me crazy.  Sometimes she is just so out of control and everything is a battle with her.  She's been gettin progressively worse since she turned 3 and it's to the point the other kids don't want to be around her and we don't take her with when we go out as a family because she ruins every outing.  We're hoping to get her into therapy.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2010