My 2 month old only poops when I help her...

She is exclusively breastfed, she does push off gas, and seems satisfied after eating. When I help her she will poop and it is a greenish color and is foamy (looks like it has air in it) and the texture is like kero syrup. This all seemed to start after she got her immunizations about 3 weeks ago. Help!!! Any suggestions as to what it might be?

threeAs

Asked by threeAs at 11:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• because of the greenish color she just may have colic. You might want to start giving her Mylicon drops for infants. If that doesnt work then consult her pediatrician and ask about a laxative for infants because when my daughter was 2 weeks old I had to give her castorian to regulate her bowels. Hope I was able to help a little and i hope the little one get better soon.
    quinesha_87

Answer by quinesha_87 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Thank you...she is on a liquid form of Zantac for GERD. I am just worried because she is breastfed and she is "supposed" to have a BM at least once a day.
    threeAs

Answer by threeAs at 11:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Hmm... I don't know... I think I would call her pediatrician in the morning. My son had this problem (also breastfed and on Prevacid and Reglan for GERD), but only for a short time, and his bowels were very firm when they finally did come out. We gave him 1 ounce of apple juice with 1 ounce of water twice a day for a few days & things evened out... BUT I did consult his doctor first. Good luck! I hope she feels better soon!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• How are you helping him poop? I used a themometer on my LO but I worry if I always stimulate him to poop he won't do it on his own
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Green poo almost always means that she is not getting enough hindmilk. But seeing as how this started after vaccs then I would think it has something to do with that. I choose not to vaccinate my son because of the complications and dangers involved in it. I would get her checked out and do some research into side effects of the vaccinations. www.vaccineinfo.net is a great one. Good luck
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 11:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I would just call your ped. Thats what they get paid to do and there are way too many variables in this scenario
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:29 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• my daughter and my son were own Zantac for acid reflux. but you may want to get her check because they give the babies DTAP shots. the P stands for Pertussis its a vaccine to prevent pertussis which is whooping cough. when my son was 2 months old he was hospitalized with pertussis right after receiving that vaccine for it.
    quinesha_87

Answer by quinesha_87 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I stimulate her to go by using the thermometor. I am also worried that she will not go on her own since I have been helping her. But she can push gas off real well...thanks to everyone...I will let you know what they say.
    threeAs

Answer by threeAs at 12:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2008