Anyone know of grants for Dyslexia Classes

My son has dyslexia and he has been taking tudoring classes in a town nearby. They really are amazing and they teach from the barton programwhich we love. We are stuggling finacially trying to keep in the tudoring classes. Does anyone know of any funding or help that we can get since my insurance has said they will not cover the classes?

troopermommy

Asked by troopermommy at 11:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• Does your son go to public school? I would ask them about it. School's collect extra money from the state for kids with learning disabilities, it seems that some of these funds should be available for the classes.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 1:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• my husband is a k-6 teacher and he also does tutoring and yes, public schools receive money to fund tutoring, of course it will depend where you are and how much is allocated for this.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 5:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2008