Hi, I'm a "new" stay at home mom & put my other fulltime job on hold for awhile I'm getting into a new routine with my son, I don't have a car & was wondering how many times a week do you go out with your baby or stay in the house & have play time there. I don't want my son & I to get to bored any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hi I am in the same situation. I go out about three times a week. Check out the local library for story hour, corner park, things you can walk or take public transportaiton too. A simple walk around the block can be fun and exploring. Pretend you are going on a treasure hunt, and look for specific things, like a stop sign, red leaf, yellow house, etc....I also used to take my kiddos to the local barnes and nobles they have story hour. Then of course you can depend on other moms who are more than willing to do things with you, dont be afraid to ask!!
    samuels_mom

Answer by samuels_mom at 12:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• One suggestion that I would have is to get out and go walking together. Me husband takes our car to work and I am home with my girls all day. Here is something cool to do- while you are out walking, take some books or a few toys- and go to a nice park (or even your own yard) and play or read. It might not seem like much- but the change of scenery can give a whole different perspective as far as the experiencing the play time or reading. I also pack lunches and sometimes just snacks and just have them outdoors with the kids.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I am in the same situation as well. I only get the car at around 4pm each day (if I am lucky) and then I have to use it for important errands!! But for now, when the weather is nice my 18 month old and I go for a walk to the park most days. We always take his snack and some toys with us and stay for about an hour there. He also enjoys just walking in his stroller and we point at the animals that we see and stuff like that. I am lucky that our library is close enough to walk to...When it gets cold out I don't know what we are going to do though!!
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 10:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I have a car and I never go out. My son and I just play here around the apartment. There are a few SAHM groups here that can help you out with ideas.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2008