Names!

I read a post about baby names earlier and got to thinking about it. How many people named their babies after people? What are some of the most unigue names out there? Do your kids names have a meaning behind it?

I know NO other kid has my sons name.... And my kids to be will have very uncommon names as well

SexxyMomma26

Asked by SexxyMomma26 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• my son has a normal first name (jeremy) and an unusual middle name (zdenek). his first name was just one that i have always loved, and his middle name is a family name on my husband's side, its czech.

this baby will have a normal first name (christopher) and two middle names (david nicolas). first name is just something we agreed on, david is one of my hubby's middle names (and is a family name on top of that) and nicolas is a variation of my middle name (nicole) because i'm not sure if we're going to have more children, or if i'll ever get to have a daughter named after me.
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i named my son after his great grandfather and grandfather Owen Michael
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• my daughters name is Alexis..so no its not unusual..and i picked that name just cuz i like it..ive always liked the way alex sounds..male or female..so i wanted to be able to call my daughter alex for short..shes 4 now..and yaaa dont call her alex..lol..i called her lexi instead..and her middle name is Nicole..same middle name as myself..i also wanted it that way because i was a single mom, and i wanted her to have as much to do with me as possible..lol..

as for unique..my names Anna-Lisa..its not toooooo common..i never liked it growing up..and sometimes i still dont..because to many people call me Anna..not that theres anything wrong with Anna...its just not my FULLLL name..and i always get asked, "what do you go by for short" and i always reply.."Anna-Lisa" they look at me as if im crazy!! but hey..thats my name!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I'm curious what your son's name is now!
    sahmofchloe

Answer by sahmofchloe at 2:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My son's name is Gerardo Anthony. his first name is his dad's name and the middle name is after my uncle who i was very close too and was also the one who delivered me. I want to come up with a unique name for my daughter but not one of those ones you hear now days that just sound so weird for a name. i don't want her to get laughed at for it.
    im curious now too whats our sons name?
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:49 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My daughter is Meg, my son is Ryan. I'm sure they're not named after anyone though. ;)
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:36 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My son is Jayson ( common but not with the spelling and we really only call him Jay) middle name Blaze

So.... around here, its Jay Blaze =)

SexxyMomma26

Answer by SexxyMomma26 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My daughter's name is Kristin Rose.....Her Dad picked her first name, and her middle name was his Godmother and Mother's name.
    Stuee

Answer by Stuee at 7:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My daughters name is Quincey JaNell.......We just really liked Quincey for a girl, it's different, and JaNell is a combo of both of her grandma's middle names.
    Gretchen0122

Answer by Gretchen0122 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2008