When is a good time to have baby number 2?

RyansMommy0709

Asked by RyansMommy0709 at 8:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• When you feel like you're ready ;o)
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i got pregnant with my 2nd when my 1st was 8 months old....they are very close and play well together...if u want to do that to yourself....lol
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• For me I started wanting number two when number one was three. She will be six in November and number two was born July 9th, it is a good age difference for us. What will work fr you??
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 8:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• We have three years between our two. It worked well for us. My SIL has 18 months between her two and that's what worked for them. Do what is best for you and DH.. Each couple needs to decide it for themselves. Best wishes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think whenever you feel ready. For the last few months i've been ready to have my second one now and Samuel will be 3 in October. Just waiting it out for my BFP (anytime soon this year would be nice to end out with a bang) :P
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 8:14 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Thank you all. My baby will be turning 15 months in oct. and I have been having this overwhelming urge to have an other. BUT it will be our last one so im going back and forth on whether or not it is to soon or not.
    RyansMommy0709

Comment by RyansMommy0709 (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Well, I am about to have baby 2 and my son just turned 5. I think he is at a good age, because he can be very helpful when his little brother arrives.
    siimply_me

Answer by siimply_me at 8:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• pretty much whenever you and your partner are ready emotionally and financially, my son is 2 and a half and im 2 months pregnant, i really didnt want themto be to far apart but i also wanted to be able to give my full attention to my son while he was growing, watching him taking his 1st steps, his 1st words.
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I don't think there is any one good time. I've done the 2 under 2 thing and it was fine. We didn't plan it and if we had waited until we were ready, then DS1 would have been an only (was a difficult baby, toddler, and kid up til about 6) The first couple of months were rough but baby 2 was so easy compared to her brother, that it wasn't too bad. I had #3 when #2 was nearly 5.5 and DS1 was 7. It was a different type of adjustment but that was great too. DS2 was an only child by day and had his siblings evenings, weekends and breaks. But going back to naps and diapers wasn't exactly a treat.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• my boys are two and a half years apart and i wished i had waited one more year because my oldest could understand to be more easy with the baby he may have been more of a help. I had the same urge to have my 2nd when my first was about 18 months. I think when the first is about 3 is a good time to have the 2nd they are old enought to have logical dicitions and understand consiquences. Older that 5 causes to much of a gap .
    mom2b4u

Answer by mom2b4u at 10:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2010