I hope this aint a TIC he has

3mths ago my 4yr old son started to eye blink alotttt so i took him to an eye specialist n because we found out he has allergies his eye special told us his eyes r dry n to give him eye drops,so we did n we been givin it to him for about 4mths on n off n it stop (his blinking) but for the last mth (now that he started a new class) he's been blinking alot again n everybody been askin me about it, i go n tell them his allergies r acting up but deep in side i really think its a tic.after seeing a few kids on youtube with it n reading up on it. im not like this
so please if anybody has or knows any children with tics can you please let me know how your dealin with this !!! thank you
p.s i know it comes with stress and boys get it more then girls n i know you shouldnt talk about it infront of da kid cuz its starts it off more
thank you again ladies and sorry for any mispelled words

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My little sister is 10. She developed a tic along the same lines and had a number of other minor issues like a history of yeast infection, a toe fungus and belly aches. They were all minor and never really prompted her Dr. to think they were related. Just recently she was tested and confirmed to have celiac disease. Cutting out gluten eliminated ALL of those problems within a week.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 8:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• you should talk to your ped about tourettes, sometimes people just do things bc their brain is telling them to. the best thing is to accept peole for who they are. i had a very good friend with it who saw a hypnotherapist and got his changed from screams and whistles to sneezing and grunting. people just thought he had allergies.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• thank yous ladies for the info, im goin to take him to his doctors asap for this
    parkslope

Answer by parkslope at 8:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• 20-30% of ALL kids have some sort of tic. It is very common, some are minor and not an issue. My son's psychiatrist said that most kids develop them as a was to cope or deal with things like stress and anxiety. MOST kids will grow out of them. Talk to your doctor, but be very cautious, my son has a vocal tic and when I talked to our doc he first jumped to Tourette's and wanted to give him a medication for it, I am NOT medicating the tic because the list of side effects and the possibility of addiction to that medication freaked me right out. So talk to your doctor, but unless it is hindering him in everyday life and activities, he MAY grow out of it...
    AaronsMom79

Answer by AaronsMom79 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• here's a bump for you
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• thank you sooo much @aaronsmom79 something like this brings me to easy alil so thanks again
    parkslope

Answer by parkslope at 2:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I would ignore it right now.
    Radarma

Answer by Radarma at 9:21 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• unless it's bothering him or affecting his daily life, i wouldn't worry about it right now.
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• thanks ladies i try so hard not to pay no mind
    parkslope

Answer by parkslope at 4:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2010