Question about after a D&C...

I had a D&C last Tuesday and I've stopped bleeding as of Saturday but I'm still getting sharp pinches and cramps, and I'm still feeling like I need to take motrin. Is this normal? I thought the cramping and pinching would be over with after I was done bleeding.

marine_wife0520

Asked by marine_wife0520 at 8:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Health

• I had one about 3 1/2 years ago. I remember it did take some time to heal. I say take the mlotrin for a few more days and if you don't feel better call the Dr. Don't you have a follow up apt.?
    sillytime

Answer by sillytime at 8:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I had one done after my docs didnt remove all of my placenta and I had pain for several weeks after the D&C even after the bleeding stopped, but if it is something your concerned about go see your doc. Your the only one who really knows your body best!
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 8:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I do but it's at 4 weeks after which I thought seemed kind of far out.
    marine_wife0520

Comment by marine_wife0520 (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yes it is normal!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 8:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I had one about 7 yrs ago. Something I will never forget.I hurt for a good long while . Even after the bleeding. If you go in for a follow up and your Dr says there's nothing wrong and you feel it is get a second opinion. You know your body better than anyone else.
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2010