Is this a Tic?

3mths ago my 4yr old son started to eye blink alotttt so i took him to an eye specialist n because we found out he has allergies his eye special told us his eyes r dry n to give him eye drops,so we did n we been givin it to him for about 4mths on n off n it stop (his blinking) but for the last mth (now that he started a new class) he's been blinking alot again n everybody been askin me about it, i go n tell them his allergies r acting up but deep in side i really think its a tic.after seeing a few kids on youtube with it n reading up on it. im not like this
so please if anybody has or knows any children with tics can you please let me know how your dealin with this !!! thank you
p.s i know it comes with stress and boys get it more then girls n i know you shouldnt talk about it infront of da kid cuz its starts it off more
thank you again ladies and sorry for any mispelled words

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If your eye specialist told you it's allergies and to keep his eyes hydrated, then keep his eyes hydrated. Send him to school with eye drops and have his teacher administer them throughout the day, according to the bottle. I have really bad dry eyes and tend to blink a LOT when I don't have my eye drops.

Past ophthalmologists and optometrists have told me that Systane and Optive Refresh are the best brands. They're more expensive, but they WORK. The others actually dry the eye out more.

It does hurt and will sting depending on the severity of his eye dryness. Mine has been compared to the Sahara desert and it stings every time, but when the stinging subsides, my eyes feel much better. If done throughout the day, my eyes feel amazing and there is no blinking.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:10 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I used to do this when I was younger. Left eye only. I thought of it as a habit, not a tic. I'm not sure why I did this. Kind of like people that crack their knuckles, it just felt like I NEEDED to do it. I'd go through stages when I'd do it for a stretch of time and then stop for a while. If I notice now that I have been blinking my eye more than normal, I just rub my eye really hard to make the feeling go away. Good luck!
    Gandeluv

Answer by Gandeluv at 12:11 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• thank you ladies for your great info every little thing counts on my book......as for the eye drops i feel so bad gettin him to let me do it bcuz he hates it but im gonna have to start being more on top of his drops, unfortunately his school dont let teachers give medicine to kids so that wont work for us :-( but thank u again ladies
    parkslope

Answer by parkslope at 12:19 AM on Sep. 29, 2010