How far have you gone in school?

I was "bored" in school because I was farther ahead then everyone...So being sooo smart(sarcasm)...I dropped out in 10th grade, Got my GED...And started college a year later...

I wish I would have stayed in school...I lost a lot of good memories by dropping out...

What about you ladies???

Are you happy with where you are?

tiger_tatted1

Asked by tiger_tatted1 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have a BA. I went to college straight from high school and I'm glad I did because if I didn't I would have never gone back.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I graduated High School in my Junior Year, early. I am now in college, 18, and am a math major. Math majors loads are up there with the engineers, and sciences, in fact their the same programs at most schools, So I have a ways to go to get my masters. I am happy with my decisions, because even with my son, I turned 19 a few days ago, and I am still a FT college student and pursuing my degree with the same tenacity as other students
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I graduated high school a year early so I could start college, and I can't say that I used that to its full advantage. I bombed my first year, dropped out, met DH, married, started a family, then went back to school. Due to various events in my life I've had to stop and start repeatedly, but I keep going back. I'm currently in school now. I'm grateful to be in school, but my 30 year old self would love to go back in time and kick my 17 year old self in the ass for screwing it up when it was so much easier to manage.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I am in the process of starting my Masters in ED - yes my 3rd career change.... started in retail management, went back to school and became an Athletic Trainer (got a BS in an allied health care field), now I am going to switch again so I can be home in the afternoons when my kids need me most. Yup... I am very happy where I am, but even happier to be moving forward!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have my MSW
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 9:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I graduated high school. Once my youngest goes to school which hopefully she can go in 2 yrs to Head Start then I will take some online classes. Yes I am happy where I am.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I got my Bachelor of Social Work.... after eight years of being a SAHM I don't want to return to that field, so I'm now taking distance ed courses towards a Medical Transcriptionist certificate. I'm happy where I am right now, though of course I don't know what the future holds!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You know what... I graduated HS, but honestly, if I could go back I never would have wasted my time doing it. I mean I have yet to have a need for the diploma... I finished my Bridal Consulting certification, and the school never so much as asked if I graduated HS... At nearly 30, no one cares if I graduated or not and when you open your own business there isn't anyone to care...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• High School Grad. Though I do continued education courses for my job as a vet assistant I do not have a degree as a Veterinary Technician so I don't need the 'credit' I just enjoy taking the courses.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I dropped out my senior year and got my GED because I had a baby and he was sick. I was planning on going back and finishing but the long NICU stay put me to far behind so it made more sense just to get my GED. I went to college and got an AS in Psych and now I am back in school going for my RN.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2010