Is 'I have kids' a valid excuse for being late to work EVERY DAY!

I work with this girl that is ALWAYS late and she says 'Well, I have to get myself and 2 kids ready in the morning...' I'm Like 'yeah, me to!' She's like' Well, Your husbands helps you. Mine is long gone by the time We are gettin gup.' I'm thinking 'Well, Maybe you SHOULD all get up together! Uhg!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• lol, I used to use that excuse. But really, it's not a valid one. I waited til the last minute. Get to bed sooner, wake up earlier. No problems.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• She doesn't plan well, does she ? Kids are a poor excuse.She just is not trying.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• No it is not. She needs to get up sooner.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Not everyday no! I used to work with a lady like that and it drove me nuts. I can understand sometimes because things do happen but not everyday.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• NOPE! I have a co worker that does this too. Drives me freaking nuts
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Nope, not a valid excuse at all. There were days when my husband would be overseas with work and I had to get myself up dressed and fed along with our 4 children and get everyone to school on time and myself to work on time. And I was NEVER late.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yeah not an excuse, we all have kids and have to get up for work. It's all about time management.
    siimply_me

Answer by siimply_me at 8:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• not at all
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• nope, no excuse!! only time i have ever used that as an excuse was when it was the truth..lol..meaning right before i was leaving for work, my daughter threw up EVERYWHERE!! and i couldnt just leave it, so i had to clean her up, clean up the mess, and make sure she was ok..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• no its not, at least not to me
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2010