Do you believe once a cheater always a cheater?

I believe once a person has physically cheated they will always do it..In THAT relationship. They may date someone else eventually and not cheat..But I think they will cheat again in the relationship they already cheated in...JUST MY OPINION!

What do you think?

tiger_tatted1

Asked by tiger_tatted1 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree that most of the time they will cheat again in that relationship. Maybe not in every relationship they have though.
    Mortiferouslatt

Answer by Mortiferouslatt at 11:17 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yes I believe once a cheater always a cheater. Never known one person to prove me wrong.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• yes in "that" relationship they will, i lost track on how many times my stbx cheated on me and everytime its im sorry it wont happen again. but even then with exs who cheated on me are currently cheatin on their now partners. so yes i believe once a cheater always a cheater
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Nope, not at all... I think it comes down to commitment. If they weren't committed when they cheated, and become committed later, they can and will change.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yes, I know somebody who forgave her husband for 7 times, that was the last one.
    Bluejayjan

Answer by Bluejayjan at 8:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I see how a certain type of person would see cheating once as a 'well, I did it once and she kept me...' But I'm not sure that is true in every single case. Though I have never been trough that.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I cant really say, I did cheat on my fiance (at the time) when our relationship was falling apart.. I told him the next day, and he forgave me.. We are now happily married going on 4 yrs and still faithful.. So I guess if someone cheated on the person more then once then ya they might always do it, but since I did it, I have NEVER done it again..
    AirforceWife654

Answer by AirforceWife654 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• @ mommyoftwo388 going to prove you wrong right now..lol...I cheated in my first marriage (started because he did) marriage was done by then...Have been married to my second husband now for 20+ and have not even thought about it..So I would say I agree with Tiger tatted1
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• ummm no i don't believe that....a major % of the time the answer is yes but not always...(i.e. i cheated on my ex-husband but only because he was a crackhead and would stay gone for a week at a time and i was lonely) but i never ever ever have or will cheat on my s.o whom i have been with 5 yrs.he is a good man and i have no desire 2 cheat.
    jess80

Answer by jess80 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• No I don't believe that. I once cheated on my boyfriend, because I was too afraid of hurting his feelings to break up with him. Then I met my SO, and we have been together 2 years and not once has the thought of cheating ran through my mind. I believe that if the right person comes along, they can change a cheater into a committed person.
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2010