i wanted to have my tubes tied but...

my dr pretty much told me i cant do it until i am like 25. i was really mad. so here is my question. why can i go out and have an abortion at any age cause "its my body" and yet i cant get my tubes tied. would this upset anyone else? maybe its just me but it doesnt seem fair.

Ronnies_Girl

Asked by Ronnies_Girl at 12:06 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Health

• you'd think they would want to stop the over population of the world by letting people get their tubes tied whenever they wanted. I'm kidding of course but I have no idea. You do make a valid point. I always thought it was 2 kids OR 25
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• well i also tried to get my tubes tied ad i was told i had to be 21 so yeah i'm a little peeved about it it is your body and we do have more people than money for and especailly with the economie you would think they would just do it the only reason i couldn't do it is insurance won't pay for it until i'm 21. If you are married and have at least 1 kid then yeah they will before 25 they were gonna but i can't afford it out of my on pocket.
    amanda638

Answer by amanda638 at 1:16 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I dont understand this. I think they should allow this. Maybe they should make papers for the mothers to sign if the doctors are so afraid. But I totally agree that this should be changed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2008