What can I eat at 25wks pregnant.

All I want to eat is hotdogs or ham 7 cheese sandwichs and mac n cheese and grilled cheese. They say hotdogs and deli meat are a no no while pregnant. And I'm lactose intolerant, like really bad so mac n cheese and grilled cheese are pretty much no no's too. I've been eating out and waffles but I'm sick of that now too. Any suggestions?

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Hot dogs and deli meats are not completely verboten, all though you do need to make sure they are HOT, at least 165 degrees, to ward off any chance of Listeria poisoning. Also the nitrates are not heaven sent. so keep it to a small sandwich. All the dairy you are craving makes me wonder if you are short calcium, so I'd go for some broccoli.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Salad with baby spinach leaves, grilled chicken and avocado...and any other veggies you want on it.

Tilapia with fruit salsa, a side of roasted brussels sprouts

Salmon patties, spinach and pasta salad

meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Whatever you want. Get all beef hot dogs and get the ham from the deli counter. As long as you don't eat the stuff 3 times a day for your entire pregnancy you will be ok.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• all beef hot dogs without nitrates, there are several brands. As long as it isn't EVERY MEAL it's fine! Balance it out with some fruits and veggies. ;0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Fruits & veggies - sounds like your diet could use a health boost to get the missing vitamins & minerals in your system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2010