what time do you feed your dog(s)?

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Pets

• I do regular feedings twice a day. It's not good to leave food(even dry) in a bowl lying out. It can attract parasites(flies land on feces which carry worm larvae, which getls left on food) and get's stale. I learned this from my vet. If you feed them a certain amount twice a day, they get used to it, and finish all their food, just like a kid!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• They get fed about 8 in the morning and 6 in the evening.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I feed every evening at 4:00. My dogs know exactly when it is time to eat and start pacing the kitchen floor about 5-10 mins before 4. If I am busy or don't realize what time it is they run to me bark, then run into the kitchen-then repeat until I get the message. It is kind of annoying but funny too.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i feed mine in the afternoon when i get home
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 9:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• 6am and 2 pm have to get them before the smallest wakes up and at at naptime. Or they don't get to eat.(Little just won't stay out of food. Shoos off dogs. Dogs watch the mess being made and sigh. If fed at night we have accidents at nioght. Understandable, but not good.
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• morning time usually
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• in the morning when i get to it and i just started not leaving it out all day. they wouldn't eat it then.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I feed mine between 6 & 7am and between 6 & 7pm. I agree that it isn't good to leave the food sitting out all day. Not only the thing about parasites, but it can also cause the dog to overeat and get fat. Or if you have more than one dog, you won't know when one of them stops eating because they aren't feeling well or one may overeat and the other may be underfed.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• 5am and 5pm. They pace and howl, and if you're sleeping, forget it. You're wakin up to feed them.
    MrsDex

Answer by MrsDex at 10:10 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Usually around 6:30am and 6:30pm~~A little later in the am on the weekends
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 1:35 PM on Sep. 28, 2010