designer wear..am i a bad mom

can someone explain y u spend so much to wear someone else name on your body..
i told believe in spending 15-20 dollars on purse..not $200 an up on them..
girl told me i was a terrible mom cause i buy myself an my kids hand me down clothes an knoeck off purses..
but i refuse to put any designer in a manision*(sp) by paying for 1 dam purse or pants for $200 dollars..how does that make me a bad mom?

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 8:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• it doesn't make you a bad mom..you are covering your child in clothing that fits and is in good repair, that's all that matters.
    designer labels are just that...labels. some people love to show how much $ they blew on their bags or tees or jeans...i mean really, who cares if you bought an expensive t-shirt?? its still a t-shirt!!
    personally, i'm with you, OP. i refuse to advertise for the designer..if that's all they got, then their clothing/etc can't be that good.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It doesnt make you a bad Mom. I personally would never pay that much for designer anything either. Some people just have their priorities mixed up.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 8:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Nope, makes you a realistic mom!! If I get name brand clothes, they are on sale or clearance.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• That's actually kind of funny that someone is dumb enough to call you a bad mom for that. Out of all the things that can make someone a bad parent, not wearing designer clothes is NOT one of them!!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• this does not make you a bad mom it makes you someone with common sense!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 9:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You can buy PLENTY of 'name brand' clothes at second had stores. Let someone else pay the big bucks. lol. I'll take it a season late at a fraction of the cost!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• NO! You do what you have to do to keep your children in clothes and shoes. Labels have nothing to do with keeping them clothed, happy, or making you a good mom.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think she was confused ad stupid. I think it makes you thrifty. I do it too. :) I'd rather sve that money and spend it on taking the kids somewhere they will enjoy! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Gosh, seems that the list gets bigger and bigger on what constitutes one as a bad mother. I spend more money on some things and go cheaper on others. I'll pay more for a nice coat that he'll wear for winter months, but go cheap on shirts that my son will just stain up in a week. I've spent 20 dollars on a pair of jeans for my son for school and the first day he wore them he came home with grass stains in them. Yea, I felt stupid to spend that much. I'll go for the 10 dollar wal-mart jeans any day.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• you are not a bad mom at all for not wanting to splurge on ridicules overpriced goods, your just sensible and reasonable and normal for not wanting to pay 200 for a purse that your kids are probably gona get a hold of anyways lol
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 9:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2010