how does the baby food process work???

okay is cereal first??and if it is what after that....when can i give my baby cereal...and the things that come after that??

starz16

Asked by starz16 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my kids always came home eating 2 teaspoons of baby cereal in their formula. and at 2 months old they were eating first stage baby food in it. My grandmother believe in feeding your baby so that what they did.
    quinesha_87

Answer by quinesha_87 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Veggies next. The fruits are sweet so once they get a liking for them, you can forget trying to get plain, dull veggies in their mouth. Don't bother about the meats. They smell like catfood and most babies won't eat them.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• after the rice cereal, do stage 1 foods. be sure to give a few days between each food to watch for allergies.
    lilbabie85

Answer by lilbabie85 at 1:00 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• You dont even have to start with Cereal. Not much neutrition in it. :) We jump right into stage one foods at about 5 months in my household even though it is recommended to wait until 6 months by the aap. My kids just start to cry when they see food at that age and wont stop until they get it. lol At six months you can start table foods cut up into really small pieces if you like. NO need even really for baby food if you dont want to use it. :)
    kristinlimon

Answer by kristinlimon at 5:30 AM on Oct. 22, 2008