when have we ever fought racism without opposition?

slavery= civil war
school desegragation= national guard had to be involved.
having the choice to elect our first black president= lies-distorsion-false accusations- negative campaign. scare tactics. etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree that we have always hd opposition to right injustices, is in our history books. Now I voted for Obama not because he is black but because I truly believe that he is what's best for our country at this time. (I'm not black or white, in this race I have found that to be an advantage)
    Now I do agree that mccain and palin had Ignore some very hateful comments made by their supporters. and I too would prefer to be called a c than have some one encourage my death. it's like comparing apples and oranges.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 1:10 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• JMO--electing our first black president simply because we have the chance to do so isn't responsible on behalf of voters. Vote for the person you have conviction in, the person you believe in, and the policies you support. If that person's Barack Obama, fine. If it's not, then look elsewhere.

Please don't insinuate though that Obama is not resorting to the same campaign scare tactics that have been around for years during elections. The health care ads he's running in our state (at least according to the fact checking organizations we've researched with) are 95% untrue. Seniors/elderly people are scared that they're going to lose their coverage because of what his ads are telling them.

Just like McCain and Repub groups are going negative, so are Obama and the Dems.
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 12:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• no one said we are electing him ONLY because he is black. the truth is that we have always fought against equality and that is very sad. obama is not inciting hatred and ignoring people making comments such as kill him and off with his head..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Obama is not inciting hatred and ignoring people making comments such as kill him and off with his head...

No, but I see Obama supporters are wearing T-Shirts with "Palin is a C**t" on them, so he's not inciting hate... tell us another one!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• umm he didn't make the shirts and according to the obama site there are no such shirts as this one that they sell.

and once again the man's life was freaking threatened
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:55 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• In the deep south there are many signs on roadsides with very hateful racist things on them. So excuse me for being worried.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• And yes I know this for a fact I have family there
    pnwmom

• omg. let me see if I had to choose between being call a c.. and having someone incite to kill me and off with my head I'll take c.. any day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I think that he and his wife and the rest of the family must have expected this and weighed the consequenses on them and on their children very carefully before going ahead with it. Whether he wins or loses, I think he is very brave.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• DITTO!!!
    MammaMiaMA
    Mamma...
    JMO--electing our first black president simply because we have the chance to do so isn't responsible on behalf of voters. Vote for the person you have conviction in, the person you believe in, and the policies you support. If that person's Barack Obama, fine. If it's not, then look elsewhere.

Just like McCain and Repub groups are going negative, so are Obama and the Dems
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 2:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2008