How do you soothe your little one with a ear infection?

I took my 6 month old to the doctors last Friday to find out he has a ear infection on top of teething. We were given Amoxicillan for 10 days 2x a day. However, he seems to still be cranky and still tugging at his ear at times..night time seems to be the worst.

We have given him Tylenol but is there anything else...?

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 9:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son hes 7 had soo many ear infections, bad teethin gwhere he was wailing in pain in his crib with hands to ears, and horrible sneaky asthma... yikes. sooo give tylenol and even a half dropper more than the regular dose just make sure its INFANTS acetaminophen, and give him a cloth refrigerated or frozen a little while fo rsomethign cold on his teeth.. it will make his gums cold and my current six month old daughter always gets calmer. ALSo you MUSt go out now to cvs and get either BEST: hylands dissolving teethign tablets or second choiceL Humphreys teething drops. the dissolving ones you need to get and put abotu 3 or 4 under his tongue one at a time of course, and they dissolve, he will instantl y calm. or the other ones, fill a teaspoon measurer with water and drip 3-4 tablets in that then spoon it let hinm sip it from a spoon or pour over his gums and let swallow tyhese are SAFE they WORK and i would be LOST with out
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• baby motrin.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You may want to take him back, my baby had constant infections & then tubes in her ears-it was awful. Keep an eye on him. I hope your child does better than mine
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:22 AM on Sep. 28, 2010