Too Tired...Help!!

Okay, so I just had a baby boy 2 weeks ago and I also have a 13 month old daughter. Here is my dilemma...
My hubby works 12 hour days, and comes home exhausted. I am exhausted from taking care of the kids all day and I go to bed when he gets home. He usually puts them to bed and everything. I just feel guilty because I feel like I don't spend enough time with him when he gets home, and I usually am too tired to have a dinner cooked. I feel like I'm being a bad wife. I shouldn't be this tired..should I? I just feel like I could do better, and I try but I just get so tired. So my question is...How do I help myself stay motivated during the day and not feel so tired and worn out? Help!? I want to feel good about myself and I don't, I feel like I'm letting my hubby down.

Becca1189

Asked by Becca1189 at 9:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• well you just had a baby so you have to really give yourself a break. but, are you napping when the kids nap? Can you get them to sleep at the same time (yeah, right)? I think down the road, get some exercise and put aside one night a week to stay up for hubby. Also, let things go, you just have to. Right now it's impossible to control it all. Give yourself like two months and evaluate the issue at that time. For now, skip the guilt and tell DH you're just "managing" for now... GL
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i think your asking to much of yourself. your entitled to be tired and let the house chores slack a bit. you just had a baby and i'm sure the baby wakes you up at night.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You got two kids, roughly a year apart. Your baby is only two weeks old. You're still probably adjusting to all the change. Try taking a nap when the kids are asleep, you could probably use some more rest.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:01 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Don't put that much pressure on yourself. Remember you just had a baby two weeks ago and I'm pretty sure your husband realizes this and tries his best to help to give you a little bit of relief. I understand that you want to be supermom and super wife but you can't push yourself too much. My suggestion, if having dinner is important for you, why not try using a crock pot to make dinner?
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:15 AM on Sep. 28, 2010