Is it strange that I got my baby a pumpkin?

My son isn't born yet, he's not due until next month, but today at the pumpkin patch I found a little one and got it for him. I'm going to decorate it and everything. My MIL teased me about it (not unkindly though) and it made me think "Maybe I AM being silly". Do you guys think I'm silly?

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 12:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I believe you are a mother from the conception of your child. You are in love and want to express it. It's cute that you are so excited! We know our babies well before they are born these days. I want to buy my soon to be neice an ornament that says "first christmas". I won't because she isn't do until February but I know what you are feeling. It's sweet. Have fun and don't forget a pic for the baby book!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 6:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Not at all! I think it's really cute, actually. I'm pregnant and I got my unborn child a pumpkin (my daughters actually picked it out for the baby, haha). I think it's a cute idea though that symbolizes another member being added to the family.
    Congratulations on the pregnancy, by the way :-)
    o-Chelsea-o

Answer by o-Chelsea-o at 12:53 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• aww that is so cute lol and im glad im not the only one lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 1:00 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I think it's cute! take a photo of you holding it next to your belly for the baby book!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:16 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• no! Its babys first halloween and you wont have time to get him one once he is born! Take it to the hospital with you when you go into labor and buy a onsie that says little pumpkin so yo ucan take a pic of your lil punkin with a lil punkin ;)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• No, it is cute!
    Poppy6212

Answer by Poppy6212 at 3:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• You should get a sharpie and write My little pumpkin on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I wanted to get a baby Xmas tree. I was due in Feb. My mil nixed the idea. I was so upset. When you are pregnant you get all these feelings. Actually now that I think about it, I acted childish at times. But afterwards, it was work and no sleep.
    Anonymous