4 Month old with fever from shots

Dd still has a nice fever from her shots today. I dont have a thermometer (bad mommy, i know) so im nit totally sure what her temp is but she is very warm. Her hands and feet are a little chilly but the rest of her is hot.

I gave her tylonal. My question is, do i keep her in a blanket caude my house is chilly and i dont want her to be cold, or not because i dont want her to get over heated? I know not to "break" her fever so im confused now...? Poor baby never does good with shots :(

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 9:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would put her in a lightweight sleeper with a blanket. Keep an eye on her to make sure she isn't too hot.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• okay my six month old just had her shots last week and she woke with a huge fever!!! take the temp, i use under her arm. whatever it is, and i am a nurses daughter and JUSt did this with mine... run a lightly warm bath, add her bath chiar or ring or foamie, and gentlyy pour lukewarm slightly cool-warm water oevr her. THIS broguht my little tiny one' sfever down than then she SLEPT!!! so do this for liek 5 minutes even if they are distressed by it or think its weird. just reassure them . loosely wrap in a towel and then loosely or NOT dress in diaper and a loose semi shirt of some sort. then lay in baouncy seat and give a bottle for fluids. THEn my little ones tem p was droppin gand i was SOOO ;less nervous this happened at 130 am and i was scared. i nursed my 7 yr old son out of his asthma so i knwo how to break a fever and see it an a challenge against an invisible foe. do the bath thing every time, i even did it w my son
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2010