another potty training question

So I've been letting my 2yr old go without a diaper, hoping it would make it easier for him to go on the potty. I have him sit on the potty every 15 min or so but he's only peeing when he's not on the potty! He doesn't seem to even realize he's peeing until I pick him up and tell him we go peepee in the potty. Should I put off potty training a little longer? Is he just not quite ready or is this normal? He's only been 2 for a month so he's still pretty young...

alinker

Asked by alinker at 9:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yea I would wait a little bit like 2 months and try again for a week. Good luck, I heard boys tend to be a little older than girls when they are ready
    Karmawolf

Answer by Karmawolf at 11:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• try giving him an award (candy, stickers, or just a special potty dance) every time he uses the potty. even if he pees on the floor and you put him on the potty as long as he goes in it at all reward him for it. i started potty training on sunday, on wed he put two and two together and would start forcing some every time he sat on it just so he would be rewarded. we did it that way for about a week and now he doesnt get anything and a week later he is still only having 1 to 2 accidents a day. also they say let them run around naked, i have learned that with my boy its better he be wearing something cause he dont like to feel it, but thinks it is sooo cool that he can point it and pee on things lol. and while he will use his potty chair, he gets excited to be able to use the big one. btw my son is only 19 months and these are all things ive just kinda learned as i go, hes my oldest and ive never potty trained anyone lol
    nessamarie

Answer by nessamarie at 11:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would wait until later..
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:38 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• keep goin good practice
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2010