problems getting prego with number 2

I got pregnant with my son 6 years ago on the pill. He was quite a surprise. Now, we are trying to have baby number two and it is not happening. What is wrong with me. Has this happend to anybody else?

S.D.A

Asked by S.D.A at 9:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes! We had no problems conceiving our daughter almost 5 years ago. We started trying for baby # 2 in 2008. We had 2 miscarriages and then it took my body 1 year to get back to normal. It sucked! Anyways...we went to see a fertility doctor and asked her what is wrong with me...I mean I was only 27! So she told me that this is very common and that I should try to chart my cycle with the whole temp. thing. I used www.mymonthlycycle.com for this.

I did that for a while and still no luck...I then purchased a Clearblue fertility monitor off Ebay. Used it for 2 months and Bam was pregnant! My little boy was born 6 months ago! Hang in there...I have 2 friends that just got pregnant from the temp cycles..have you tried that? or using ovulation sticks?
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• what exactly does a fertility monitor do?
    S.D.A

Comment by S.D.A (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I hear alot of woman have mystery infertility when its time to conceive baby #2!
    Have you tried buying an ovualtion predictor kit, most fertility doctors will tell you to start there..
    hope your luck runs wild soon!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have been TTC #2 for 5 1/2 years. My DD is now 7 and I want another child so badly.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 11:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• nothing wrong with you sometimes they dont come when you want them 2
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:02 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Have your thyroid levels checked to be sure it is working properly. Mine was slow so I took some replacement hormone and was pregnant again the next month.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have been trying for more than 2 years for my second no luck at all. And as BOMOM21 I want another one so badly. Good luck
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 2:37 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Sometimes this can be due to hormone levels. I know of a woman who conceived both of her babies while on the Pill as well. She was told by her doctor that her body had obviously lacked the increased progesterone that she needed to get pregnant and maintain the pregnancies. While OFF the Pill, she never could get pregnant. Strange, but true! Ask to have your hormone levels checked for sure.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 6:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2010