Help

how do i get my baby off the boobie. he only uses me when he is sleepy and fussing so really im not even feeding for food i'm a pacie. and he uses me at night just to put himself back to sleep. How do i break him and myself from putting it in when he fussy.

Sky_Mom

Asked by Sky_Mom at 9:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• stop giving it to him. give him a cup or a bottle instead.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• if he is using u as a pacie then give him a pacie sounds like he is wanting attention from u the funny thing is my 12 month old was not sleeping at night after testing with his doctor we determined he was just wanting mommy. I put 4 pacies in his bed and some of his favirot stuff toys for a week I played a lot with him right before bed with teddy I would hug teddy and lay on teddy and talk to teddy he would still for that week cry for a bottle or me to come in it just broke my heart not to go in and comfort him. After the week he would find a pacie and grab teddy and lay on him I now know I just taught him to self sooth and be independent two importan learning tools
    mom2b4u

Answer by mom2b4u at 11:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• He hates his pacie and the one he will entertain he just chews on it his teeth are coming in. He is only 8 months
    Sky_Mom

Comment by Sky_Mom (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• is he getting formula? breastmilk, or formula, HAS to be his main source of nutrition for the first year of life. mommies are not pacifiers, pacifiers are a replacement for mom!! if you are weaning, then dad has to take over during those times. the book called, "the no cry sleep solution," may be of some use to you.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 9:15 AM on Sep. 28, 2010