how many of your 4 yr olds. know how to rhyme?

I am so proud of dd. She went to headstart today and she was the only one that did the rhyming game her teacher had, she said Sam knew all of the rhyming words which made me so proud, I mean I am proud of her either way but she has had some bad days at school so to hear that she had a great day was amazing, its like music to my ears. I was just wondering how many of your 4 yr. old know how to rhyme? I don't wanna sound like I am bragging or anything just wondering if she is ahead of herself or if the other kids in her class are maybe behind because none of them knew how to do it or if she is just more forward and they are more shy maybe. Because she is definately not the shy type.

mama2005

Asked by mama2005 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• congrats! you have every right to brag about your child...because you are a mom!
    my daughter rhymes but i guess i have never really asked her to rhyme with a specific word yet...her favorite rhyme saying is " you get what you get, so don't throw a fit" my 7 y/o taught her that one...lol
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My older 3 did and my now 4 year old does too. It's fun, isn't it?
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 1:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes, my daughter did at about 2.5 or 3, probably recognized the patterns from a lot of the reading we'd done (nursery rhymes and dr seuss ) and started to apply them in every day life.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Little accomplishments always make mommy proud, no apologies necessary:) My 4 yr old DD does know how to rhyme as well.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• love the rhyme foxracing, always nice of the older ones to teach the little ones stuff like that, to cute!
    mama2005

Comment by mama2005 (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• my 2 dd an 5 dd both know how thanks to DR.SUESS books..
    i started reading dr. suess when he was born an after she was born..just cause i love to read to them..only if i could get my 2 dd to use the bathroom on a reg i would be bragging..
    but congrats to your baby girl..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 10:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My 4yo recognizes rhyming words.  She'll come up to me all the time and tell me 2 words she just heard or thought of rhyme.

We just got her a Spongebob Smartypants shirt (with Spongebob in glasses) becuase she's such a smarty pants.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My daughter was rhyming by 3, my boys it took a little longer - it was about 4 for both of them.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 2:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• my son is going to be 4 next months and he likes to read green eggs and ham my son is very smart he knows stuff in his preschool class thats the kids in his preschool clas dont even know! myson to has his days
    kris8525

Answer by kris8525 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• LOL...I was trying to figure out where "You get what you get so dont throw a fit" rhymed...I finally figured it out..You have to pronounce "get" like "git"...LMAO!!!

Anyways---My son is now 5 but yes he has been rhyming for quite some time..But he has a very high IQ...IQ wise he is 2 years ahead of his age!...I like to brag about how smart he is..You can brag about your daughter too!

Congrats to her!!!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2010