How can I look over an EXTREMELY dramatic mother-in-law?

My mother-in-law and I had an amazing relationship until I got pregnant, then its like things started really bothering me. Such as the fact that she is OVERLY dramatic to everything, it could be a trip to the store and its going to be dramatic. She speaks to everyone as if they are a child or have trouble following a conversation. And when I try to be polite and not out right tell her (or my father in law) things they are doing that drives me nuts, they cry to my husband.. which needless to say drives a wedge between us because he has NOT let go of dear mommy and daddy yet. for an example of how dramatic she is... her sisters (all over the age of 45) got into an argument an entire state away she starts crying and saying how she feels as if its her fault (they got into an argument about TOILET PAPER). I can't deal with everything being drama all the time.

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• A fight over toilet paper? That is just silly. That is taking it a bit too far. I would hate to see how they would react in a serious situation.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My sisters husband loves his mommy. He still listens to her at age 42. This mil causes so much trouble between my sister and her husband it is very sad. My sister can not stand her anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• YIKES!!! I had a great MIL. And my FIL too. Both were very polite and considerate . I think they spoiled their son though.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2010